PIA to carry first batch of Hujjaj in 2019 on 4th July
The Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) have completed preparation for Hajj operation 2019. The first batch will take 300 pilgrims on Pakistan International Airline (PIA) from Islamabad. These Hujjaj will be from the Governments Hajj Scheme 2019.
Hajj Flights from Pakistan in Numbers:
- There are 318 scheduled flights to take the pilgrims to Saudi Arabia from 4th of July.
- Pilgrims travelling for hajj through Pakistan International Airlines are as estimated below:
- 14,040 pilgrims from Islamabad
- 15,125 pilgrims from Karachi
- 14,922 from Lahore
- 8,740 from Peshawar
- 4,300 from Sialkot
- 5,300 from Multan
- 1,700 from Faisalabad
- 8,794 from Quetta
- 639 from Sukkur
The flights will commence from 4th of July, whereas the return of pilgrims from Saudi Arabia will begin from 17th of August. Ministry of Religious Affairs and the General Authority of Civil Aviation of Saudi Arabia has started to schedule the arrival and departure according to the slots available after going through the international flights coming to the country.
Private Hajj Groups Opting for PIA
As compared to previous years, this year number of many private Hajj Operators have opted for PIA as well. There are several reasons for it:
- PIA has made efforts to improve its service and improved its scheduled timeliness (on-time performance)
- Management has made efforts to offer more seats to private Hajj Operators by adding more flights
- PIA offers a direct flight
- It is expected to be one of the first two airlines to be offered advance immigration and customs for Pilgrims going for Hajj in 2019.